Best practices can be summed up as a process, a system, or a practice used by an organization to meet a performance, it also focuses on a particular area in your operation to reach excellence. It is the most efficient or effective way of completing a task using repeatable procedure.
In food service we have several operational areas that if we neglect any one of the areas it could prove to fatal. Not one is more important than the other. You just need to know when one is more important during the daily operation.
The different food service best practices are:
- Best Practice Sales Forecasting & Labor
- Best Practice Staff Develop & Training
- Best Practice Scheduling
- Best Practice Turning Tables
- Best Practice Staffing & Retention
- Best Practice Excellence in Service
- Best Practice Food Cost